Haunted Downtown Montreal and Howl! Activist Art Fair

Weekly culture picks from The Daily

Rosie’s Pick: Haunted Downtown Montreal
Haunted Downtown Montreal is a tour led by actor-storyteller (and McGill alumnus) Donovan King that takes participants on a walk through Montreal’s busiest – and scariest – streets. The tour stops at haunted hotels, creepy churches, and Club 1234, a hotspot for partiers and ghosts alike. King will tell tales of crypts at Concordia, Montreal’s “Cholera Cemetery,” and King’s “sickening Legend of the Cross.” Haunted Downtown Montreal will help you get to know Montreal better – maybe too well – and get you in the spooky spirit.

Niyousha’s Pick: Howl! Activist Art Fair
Howl! and Popolo Press present an activist art fair this weekend, showcasing art inspired by social justice struggles and radical movements. If you can’t fathom waiting another month for Expozine, this fair might satisfy your small press cravings. The fair will feature groups such as the Cinema Politica Network and CKUT, as well as the launch of Intimate Distance, Howl! collective member Vo Thien Viet’s new zine. Intimate gives a glimpse of the less glorious moments of activism.
Take a study break (or Facebook break) and nurse your Halloween hangover with prints, zines, posters, and music.

Haunted Downtown Montreal runs October 30 and 31 at 8 p.m.,  starting at Andrewís Pub (1241 Guy) and finishing at Place du Canada.

The Howl! Activist Art Fair is Saturday, November 1 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Casa del Popolo.