Yoga on the cheap

Yoga is fun. But it isn’t always cheap.

So where can aspiring yogis find classes whose price tags won’t leave them weeping in child’s pose? Thanks to a new website called Share the Love Yoga, which aims to make yoga more affordable, the activity’s inaccessibility doesn’t have to get you down as a downward facing dog anymore.

The website, co-founded by McGill english alum Amanda Star in 2011, provides a weekly schedule of local yoga classes run for free, as wells as community classes, those run by donation, and popular “karma classes.” The website currently displays classes in Montreal, Toronto, and New York, with more to come in the near future.

The founders of Share the Love see yoga as a precursor for social change. According to it’s founders, “Yoga is a journey, an evolution and a mindful exploration of ourselves and to those people, places, and things to which we are connected. Share the Love Yoga is not just for practicing yogis on a budget; it also benefits local studios and their owners, new practitioners to yoga, and the city as a whole.”
Share the Love Yoga’s ultimate mission is to provide yoga to everyone, regardless of their financial situation. To them, combating the commercialization of Yoga is the best way to bring the activity to everyone, and not just those who can afford it.

To access Share the Love Yoga’s schedule of affordable classes and get your vinyasa on, visit sharetheloveyoga.com