A little while back, I was elated to sample a chocolate chip banana bread recipe from my dear friend’s grandmother. I was excited to try it out for myself, and a little while back finally decided to throw the simple ingredients together. I anxiously waited the 50 to 55 minutes to see if I could produce a similar sort of magic – and was happy with the results.
I’ve been saving this recipe for this last (tear) column of the year as a sort of parting gift to The Daily and its readers … because, well, it’s just that good. I reckon it would make a delicious summer treat to welcome the sun, and an even better apartment-warming gift. Spring’s-a-coming, and this yummy banana bread will get your baking back in gear. Bon voyage and bon appetite, friends.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 big or 3 small bananas)
3/4 cups sugar
1 egg’s worth of egg replacement (I suggest Ener-G!)
1/4 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
1/2 bag chocolate chips
1. Grease and flour loaf pan.
2. Stir flour, salt, baking soda, and chocolate chips in large bowl
3. Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and oil, stir together in separate bowl
4. Pour banana mixture into dry ingredients and fold until completely moist
5. Bake for 50 to 55 mins, or until toothpick comes out clean!