What to do with leftover Halloween candy

What: The Devil Wears ChocolateWhy: Treat. It’s always treat.How Much: Cookies – $5 Candy – $5. Both at the same time – priceless.

Halloween is a big deal. You may have gotten excited for the costumes, the parties – or you may be like us and have just gotten pumped for the candy. Maybe you bought the bulk bags the day after Halloween for cheap, or maybe you stocked up all week, or maybe you haven’t let go of childhood and you still went trick-or-treating.

Whatever your source of candy, why not add butter and sugar to make it into these devilishly ghoul’d cookie bars. Whether you make it for friends or just for the sugar rush, these treats are a new twist on an old favourite.

INGREDIENTS
Layer 1:–1 cup butter–1 ½ cup brown sugar–2 eggs–1 tsp vanilla–1 tsp baking powder–1 tsp baking soda–½ tsp salt (or to taste)–2 ½ flour–¾ chocolate chips or other chocolate candies
Layer 2:–A handful of marshmallows broken into bits (or a few spoons of Fluff)–Any candy you want!
Layer 3:–At least 1 cup of chocolate chips–½ cup butterscotch chips–Preheat oven to 350 degrees
METHOD
Blend together sugar and butter. Mix in eggs. Add vanilla, baking power, soda, and salt. Blend in flour. Mix in chocolate chips and/or candy.

Spread this layer evenly over your greased 9×13-inch pan. Sprinkle the ingredients of Layer 2 over Layer 1. Cover the entire thing in chocolate and butterscotch chips.

Place in oven. Remove after 10 or 15 minutes (once the chips have melted) and, with a fork, spread the melted chocolate over the bar in order to combine the chips to cover Layer 2 and make a design. The aesthetics are up to you. Put back in the oven for another 15 or 20 minutes until the bar is mostly cooked.

Here’s the hard part: now you have to wait for the cookies to cool before you devour them.

You can spice these bars up with any candy/chocolate you want, so go be that kid in the candy store. Make a graveyard, try gummy worms!
Bone Appetite!