What’s the haps

Living with our neighbours

Monday, March 23, 4:30 p.m.

Strathearn Cultural Centre Room 428, 3680 Jeanne-Mance

Become a better neighbour by participating in a workshop with others living in in the Milton-Parc community.

TAPThirst Workshop: Why Not Bottled Water

Tuesday, March 24, 6 p.m.

QPIRG, third floor, 3647 University

Did you know that bottled water costs 240 to 10,000 times more than the same amount of tap water, and that this water often comes directly from public municipal water supplies? Come out to TAPThirst’s workshop to learn more about the concerns associated with the bottled water industry and the growing movement to ban bottled water from municipalities and campuses across the country.

Seahorse launch party

Wednesday, March 25, 8 p.m.

Leacock Room 10, 855 Sherbrooke O.

Join McGill’s Undergraduate Journal of Women’s Studies for a free wine and cheese at their vernissage launch party. Open to all.

Québec solidaire speakers on immigration rights

Thursday, March 26, 4:30 p.m.

Clubs Lounge, fourth floor, Shatner, 3480 McTavish

May Chiu and Sujata Dey, two past candidates for Québec solidaire in the Outremont riding, will host a workshop on the situation of immigrant persons in Quebec.

Ampersand Conference

Saturday, March 28, 1 p.m.

Leacock, 855 Sherbrooke O.; Trottier, 3630 University; and Shatner, 3480 McTavish

Ampersand is an interactive, dynamic, six-hour conference about balance in student life that places you in the middle of the arts, music, culture, technology, and science. Learn a new skill in hands-on workshops in stage combat, the physiology of yoga, and Bali Gamelan music. Listen to presentations on extraterrestrial life, science and art, the politics of podcasting, and relationships in the postmodern world. The day is capped with a keynote presentation by Canadian sex advice icon Sue Johanson.

Tickets ($29) are available either online at march-28.com or at Leacock 114B every weekday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Send your not-for-profit event listings to news@mcgilldaily.com with “haps” in the subject line.