What’s the haps

Speaking out on

the environment

Tuesday, January 13, 5 p.m.

Thomson House Restaurant, 3650 McTavish

As part of PGSS Green month, listen to Dr. Joe Schwartz, Director of McGill’s Office for Science and Society, speak on “Chemicals in the Environment.” All welcome to this free event.

Green Cleaning Workshop

Tuesday, January 13, 6 p.m.

Thomson House Restaurant, 3650 McTavish

Celebrate PGSS Green month by making your own greener, cheaper, and healthier home cleaners. Registration required at the PGSS office by Tuesday, January 13, at 4 p.m. Cost is $10.

René Cassin and Gaza: A Judaism of Human Rights

Wednesday, January 14, 6:30 p.m.

Leacock 219, 855 Sherbrooke O.

Israeli peace activist Jeff Halper will discuss non-violent strategies to solve the Israel-Palestine conflict, focusing on the ideas of Nobel Peace laureate René Cassin.

V-Day McGill Annual Burlesque and Comedy Show

Thursday, January 15, 8:30 p.m.

La Sala Rossa, 4848 St. Laurent

V-Day McGill is holding their annual Burlesque & Comedy Show, including performances by Deanne Smith and the Dead Doll Dancers. Tickets are $8 for students and seniors and $10 for adults. All proceeds from the show will go to carefully selected Montreal charities that fight gender-based violence.

An Evening for the Elizabeth House Foundation!

Saturday, January 18, 7 p.m.

4897 St. Laurent

The McGill Rotaract Club would like to invite you to a cocktail party at the beautiful art studio Mosaik Art.There will be live music from LineSpectra, Simon Honeyman, and Tara Hall, a silent auction, hors d’oeuvres, and drink specials! All proceeds go to the Elizabeth House Foundation, in support of young families in need. Tickets are $15. Email mcgill.rotaract@gmail.com, call Sean at (514)-972-8904 for tickets, or buy them at the door.

Why Liberals and Feminists Should Defend the Unborn

Monday, January 19, 6 p.m.

Leacock 232

Choose Life is hosting Mary Meehan, a veteran pro-life writer and public speaker from Maryland, who will be giving a talk about the compatibility of pro-life and liberal and feminist philosophies. A question period will follow this free event.