What’s the haps

God as Father discussion

Monday, April 7, 6:00 p.m

Montreal Diocesan Theological College, 3473 University

Discuss the dominant views of God as father and discuss fatherhood in society at SALT’s (Students Active in a Liberating Theology) next meeting, featuring selected scenes from Fight Club.

Ampersand Launch Party

Tuesday, April 8, 5:30 p.m.

Bar Benelux, 245 Sherbrooke O., corner Jeanne-Mance

Launch the first-ever edition of Ampersand, with the the Bachelor of Arts and Science Integrative Council.

Queer McGill’s General Meeting

Wednesday, April 9, 6:00 p.m.

Clubs Lounge, Shatner Building

Join Queer McGill at their final General Meeting of the semester. Vote on constitutional changes and the Executive committee for the 2008-2009 year – every position is open. For more info, see queermcgill.ca or email admin.qm@gmail.com.

PGSS casino night

Thursday, April 10, 6:00 p.m.

Thomson House ballroom, 3560 McTavish

Gamble to raises money for the “Just for Kids” fund that purchases new, high-priority equipment for the Montreal Children’s Hospital.

Admission $10.

Porn gets intellectual

Tuesday, April 15, 7:30 p.m.

Lev Bukhman Room, Shatner Building

Divergence Movie Night in collaboration with Queer McGill presents Annie Spinkle’s Herstory of Porn, a cult classic porn-art documentary that is both educational and entertaining. It examines important cultural topics including censorship, controversial art, feminism, gender issues and sex education.

Free admission, suggested donation $5.

War photographer’s documentary screening

Tuesday, April 15, 7:30 p.m.

Location TBA

Cinema Politica presents warphotographer, a documentary about award-winning photojournalist James Nachtwey. Nachtwey covered the Contra war in Nicaragua, photographed in South Africa during the violence of the eighties and in Rwanda after the 1994 genocide.

See cinemapolitica.org/mcgill for more information.

Thanks for sending us your HAPS this year! Take a few months off, then let us print a blurb about your not-for-profit event in the fall. Send the deets to news@mcgilldaily.com in late August.