Malaysian chef Nantha Kumar may be eccentric, but that in no way detracts from the quality of his cooking; in fact, some might even say it’s where the green curry gets its spice. See p. 33 for a full explanation.
1 can coconut milk
2 tbs. Green Thai paste
5 medium-size potatoes
1 pound deboned chicken (vegetarians can substitute canned jack fruit, wheat gluten, or firm tofu)
1 cup cubed eggplant
10 lime leaves
1 tbs. dark soy sauce
1 tbs. brown sugar
1) Heat up half the can of coconut milk in heavy pot.
2) Add Green Thai paste.
3) Add cubed potoatoes and cook for ten minutes.
4) Add strips of chicken and stir.
5) Add the remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook for another 15 minutes.
6) Check if meat is done, add remaining coconut milk – for a spicer version add another spoonful of paste with the remaining half can and stir well – and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
– complied by Daniel Lametti