The Daily’s website allows viewers to post comments in accordance with the following policy.
In allowing comments, The McGill Daily seeks to promote open and sincere debate, and provide readers with an open forum to discuss ideas among themselves, and with the staff and editors of The Daily. In order to promote open debate while acknowledging our responsibility for everything that appears under the name of The McGill Daily, the following restrictions will be enforced on all comments on this site. Comments in contradiction with these guidelines may be deleted at the sole discretion of the editorial board as represented by the web editor.
The Daily prohibits:
- Any comment not complying with The McGill Daily’s code of ethics, which bans (in part) content which expresses racial, sexual, and socioeconomic bias or prejudice, as well as content which is libellous;
- Any comment which contains a link to a site in contravention of The McGill Daily’s code of ethics;
- Any comment whose primary purpose is commercial;
- Any comment which is wholly unrelated to the content of the article or posting to which it is attached;
- Any comment The McGill Daily knows to be plagiarized;
- Any comment which duplicates exactly another comment on mcgilldaily.com, regardless of ownership;
- Any comment the editorial board deems inappropriate, such as comments linking to “shock sites” or comments extolling violence;
- Any comment which causes a page on our site to render improperly.
If your comment has been deleted, you may contact the web editor at web[@]mcgilldaily.com for more information.