The Streetwalkerz and Couscous comedy

Weekly culture picks from The Daily

Rosie’s Pick
The StreetWalkerz: The Exhibition
The StreetWalkerz, a Montreal website that chronicles “street style exhibitionism, underground night-life, and queer culture,” is hosting a party this Friday to celebrate its expansion to New York. The event will feature live musicians and DJs (including J’VLYN d’Ark of Faggity Ass Fridays), the premiere of a short fashion film, and a series of art installations that includes the blood art of Kristofer Dompierre. Sounds like spooky fun.
Some proceeds from the party will be going to Stella, a sex worker support and solidarity organization in Montreal.

Niyousha’s Pick
Couscous Comedy: Halloween Edition
The Couscous Comedy Show is back at Cabaret du Mile End this weekend with a special Halloween edition. Since 2011, this monthly show has been a Montreal classic in the making, bringing together dancers, singers, comedians, magicians, and other artists for a night of laughter. In case the laughter isn’t enough, Uncle Fofi, the multidisciplinary host, also cooks the audience traditional couscous using his mother’s recipe. If midterms have you left you sad and hungry, this show has the ingredients to turn things around.

The StreetWalkerz: The Exhibition is Friday October 24 at 11 p.m. at Cabaret Playhouse (5656 Avenue du Parc).
Couscous Comedy: Halloween Edition is Sunday October 26 at 6:30 p.m. at Cabaret du Mile End (5420 Avenue du Parc).